Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line - In mic doesn't work

hi, I have a 2011 iMac

And I have a headset with an included microphone, but when I go to System Preferences - Sound - Input. I see that when I select Line In, not the internal microphone, shows nothing in Input level. Like it isn't capturing any sound. How can i see if the microphone is damaged or is it my computer?

please help me

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 7:45 AM

Your 2011 iMac has two separate 3.5mm audio ports, one for Headphones and one for Line-in.

Headsets that have a single 3.5mm jack are made for newer systems that only have a single audio in/out port. They will not work with the older Mac's that have separate Headphone and Line-in ports.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2019 7:45 AM in response to fofa182

Your 2011 iMac has two separate 3.5mm audio ports, one for Headphones and one for Line-in.

Headsets that have a single 3.5mm jack are made for newer systems that only have a single audio in/out port. They will not work with the older Mac's that have separate Headphone and Line-in ports.

Line - In mic doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.