Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AVCHD error importing in FCPX after Mojave upgrade. MP4's OK

I am not able to import any new (or old) AVCHD footage on any of my 3 camcorders/sd cards and the only thing I can think of it happened after my OSX upgrade from Sierra to Mojave (I hadn't shot since that upgrade)

I have tested this on at least two of the SD cards and even after fully initializing the cards, same error. When I change the recording format to .mp4. the card allows an import.

FCPX can see the AVCHD files however I notice that there is no audio to hear that you can usually scrub, prior to the actual import. I can scrub through MP4 files, however.

Has Mojave changed the way the audio files are read? Or is this a permissions issue now that Mojave always asks about access with new devices (I don't get any prompts, though)

Thank you for the solution.

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 2:57 AM

Do you have Perian installed? Open System Preferences and look for Perian there (most likely in the bottom row). Uninstall it.

Restart. Try again.

3 replies

AVCHD error importing in FCPX after Mojave upgrade. MP4's OK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.