Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS signal not working

Ever since updating my iPhone 6 to IOS 12.3.1 my navigation apps are not receiving any GPS signal. I have tried all the tricks out there but to no avail. Please can someone help

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 3:07 AM

Try turning off Location Services for a few seconds, then turning it back on under Settings > Privacy > Location Services. You should also try changing the settings for your particular Apps to "Never" then back to "While Using" (or "Always").

If GPS still isn't working try turning on Airplane mode in your control center for a few seconds, then turning it back off.

If this doesn't work still, try powering off your iPhone completely under Settings > General > Shut Down (all the way at the bottom of the list) and turning back on.

If you're still having problems, try Settings > General Reset (all the way at the bottom of the list) Reset Network Settings.

Even if your GPS hardware on your iPhone 6 is literally broken, you should still be getting an approximate location based on surrounding Wi-Fi signals, so this makes me suspect it is a glitch that the above steps should hopefully fix, versus a hardware issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2019 3:07 AM in response to ariella288

Try turning off Location Services for a few seconds, then turning it back on under Settings > Privacy > Location Services. You should also try changing the settings for your particular Apps to "Never" then back to "While Using" (or "Always").

If GPS still isn't working try turning on Airplane mode in your control center for a few seconds, then turning it back off.

If this doesn't work still, try powering off your iPhone completely under Settings > General > Shut Down (all the way at the bottom of the list) and turning back on.

If you're still having problems, try Settings > General Reset (all the way at the bottom of the list) Reset Network Settings.

Even if your GPS hardware on your iPhone 6 is literally broken, you should still be getting an approximate location based on surrounding Wi-Fi signals, so this makes me suspect it is a glitch that the above steps should hopefully fix, versus a hardware issue.

GPS signal not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.