Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS not working after iOS 12.4.5 update

Neither Waze nor my Ski Tracks app GPS is working after this update. I own an iPhone 6.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 9:20 AM

Can you double check by ensuring that location services is turned ON on your iPhone?

Go to Settings-->>Privacy-->>Location Services and ensure that it is switched to ON. After that you can scroll further down on the same screen and see that Waze and other apps have the location services set to, at least, "While using" the app.

Also, while you are at it, Force ReStart your iPhone whether regardless of what you find in the steps above. Here is how to Force ReStart your iPhone-->>Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Axel F.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 9:20 AM in response to Grrateful

Can you double check by ensuring that location services is turned ON on your iPhone?

Go to Settings-->>Privacy-->>Location Services and ensure that it is switched to ON. After that you can scroll further down on the same screen and see that Waze and other apps have the location services set to, at least, "While using" the app.

Also, while you are at it, Force ReStart your iPhone whether regardless of what you find in the steps above. Here is how to Force ReStart your iPhone-->>Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Axel F.

Mar 1, 2020 8:03 AM in response to xfa977

Exactly the same for me! I called support, get the same instructions- that did not resolve anything.

As soon as my IPhone 6 went to 12.5.4, the GPS location was not working anymore! All GPS application are stuck! Google maps, Waze... no more possibility to use my IPhone to drive my car!!! Commercially ... a pity!

When I read other comments, I understand that the store answer “your IPhone is too old/ physically broken” would not be acceptable!

Could we know when it will be fixed by Apple within a patch/new version?

Feb 28, 2020 3:00 AM in response to Grrateful

Well, this is not the answer that one expects. I'm also waiting the 2020 iphones with 5G, but now I feel a little bit cheated. The GPS works well before the IOS update (I use it every day) and now doesn't work. This topic is making me rethink my future with apple. It is sad because many years as happy user can end now with a bad taste in my mouth.

GPS not working after iOS 12.4.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.