Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset my phone

I am trying to reset an iPhone that my daughter uses but I can not remember the password for the apple username. I fixed her iPad yesterday and set up a new user name. I want to use the same user name on her iPad and iPhone but I can not remember the password for the original username. What can be done

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 5:40 AM

If the phone has activation lock you will have to use the id of the account that it's locked to, you can't link it to another account until after it's been removed from the existing one.

If you can't remember the account's password : If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Or, , and if you were the original purchaser of the phone (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the phone from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2019 5:40 AM in response to kimber224

If the phone has activation lock you will have to use the id of the account that it's locked to, you can't link it to another account until after it's been removed from the existing one.

If you can't remember the account's password : If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Or, , and if you were the original purchaser of the phone (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the phone from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Reset my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.