Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photo Album does not update

I recently created a shared photo album, and added about 600 photos to it. I have been reviewing many of the photos and editing or deleting photo's from my library that needed updating, or purging.

When I go into the Shared photo album that I created, I still see the photos that I've deleted, or updated, as the originals. I assumed that if I deleted or altered a photo in my library, that the shared album would update, as well, just like all my other devices.... but they don't. I don't want to have to RE-delete, or RE-edit the photos.

Am I missing something?

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 10:06 AM

Shared albums are not supposed to update. The shared albums contain separate copies of the photos you share. If you edit a photo in your library and want to share the edited version, you have to share it again and delete the first version you shared.

2 replies

Jun 7, 2019 4:34 PM in response to John Belen

But Wait! There's more! @léonie It sad that the photo's don't update.

I read your response, and I removed all the photo's from the shared album. I then re-added a portion of them (300, or so) after taking the time to crop, edit, tag, and rename them. Then I came back to the photos about an hour or so later, giving them all time to update. It appears as though the cropping and enhancements are correct, but the photos in the shared album are no longer tagged with keywords, and the new names that I gave each photo, and description, are not there either.

Shared Photo Album does not update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.