Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else have a high cpu usage on certain websites?

Recently went to Yahoo. No other apps, updates, or tabs open or minimized. I have background refresh off. Disnoted came on & yahoo cpu usage went to 111%.

I haven't tried the create a new temporary user (in regards to the MacBook Pro 2018 13 inches with Touch Bar 2.7GHz i7, 16GB RAM 1 TB Storage macOS 10.14.5

Safari 12.1.1 -- because I'm honestly afraid if it works with another user, what's the point? Because wouldn't I have to start over? Any suggestions? Anyone else have issues with certain sites? I have stopped going to Forbes online with my MacBook because I lose about 5% battery in just a few minutes. The fans start running extremely high. 🙄

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 10:49 AM

I see the warning "Webpage using significant memory" once or twice a week. Often it is a site I can ignore, so I do that.

These two ASC threads discuss the topic:

1. This Webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac! That doesn't make any sense!
  2. Webpage using significant energy / memory on Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2019 10:49 AM in response to jasonflying

I see the warning "Webpage using significant memory" once or twice a week. Often it is a site I can ignore, so I do that.

These two ASC threads discuss the topic:

1. This Webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac! That doesn't make any sense!
  2. Webpage using significant energy / memory on Mac

Anyone else have a high cpu usage on certain websites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.