Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hundreds of contacts got deleted from all iCloud devices!!!

Posting for my wife here, as she is too anxious to deal with this herself right now.

She has an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.4, an iMac 21" OSX El Capinan and a Mac Book Pro 13" (not sure which OS).

All of them signed into iCloud.

All of a sudden hundreds of her contacts just disappear! We check all the devices - same thing. We tried to restore the contacts backup, that is on iCloud (there was only 1 for some reason from a couple of days ago), for no avail - nothing got restored.

We tried then to restore contacts from a Time Machine, that is connected to her iMac. What we discovered, was that despite that the iMac was Synced with iCloud, yet it had a very very old contacts database on it, and none of the newer contacts added in the recent years.

My suspicion is that iCloud glitched really bad...

Getting more and more frustrated and angered by Apple. What the heck do you need a phone for if not for keeping your contacts safe??!

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 1:21 PM

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud

Also try going to iCloud.com/Settings using a computer browser and under Advanced at the lower left, click Restore Contacts.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 6, 2019 1:21 PM in response to danas_blia

I would go ahead and give Apple a call on the phones. They would be able to tell you firstly if your iCloud account (on their end) is showing these hundreds of contacts as still present, or not.

If not, they do have the ability to escalate the issue if something legitimately happened with your iCloud-stored account. It's rare, but just like any other server on the Internet things can happen to your account which can often be fixed.

Hundreds of contacts got deleted from all iCloud devices!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.