Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app keeps opening automatically

Mac OS is 10.14.5. When I open my Mac, when I am doing anything else, the mail app opens automatically. No new mail, no any notification, it just pops up. I think the issue is about the gmail account, because when I close it, the problem solved. However, I can't just not use my gmail. Is there any solution on this? I saw something saying that go to the setting of google calendar, but that was one year ago. The layout of google has changed. Help me!

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 2:58 PM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2019 9:40 AM in response to Shuchengfromlondon

Hi Shuchengfromlondon,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like your Mail app is opening automatically on your Mac when you boot up.

Check out: Automatically re-open windows, apps, and documents on your Mac. It is possible Mail is a Login Item or Mail is set to reopen when you log back in.

If this doesn't help resolve the issue, let me know further details.

Have a great weekend!

Jun 9, 2019 5:55 PM in response to Teddy_B

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, it is not a login item, and it opens automatically not only when I boot up, just the time when I use my Mac. No matter what job I am doing, what app I am using, it just pops up.

I have other 2 accounts in my mail app, but only gmail causes this problem. When my gmail account is inactive, it is solved. I also login my google account on the website, checked my calendar, gmail and so on. Nothing was found.

You can see this https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/7d81ak/solution_for_those_who_have_the_mail_app_randomly/

Other people have this problem as well, this is their solution one year ago, but the layout of google setting has changed and I can't find what they said. As my current setting of google has no strange things that can cause this problem, so I think it is the Mac problem.

Mail app keeps opening automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.