Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I control my office MAC from my home?

I need to control my office MAC from my home. I have tried the app Screen Sharing, but it requires the office computer to "accept" the invitation to screen share from my home MAC. Of course if I am at home, nobody is at my office to accept the invitation.

I need help with these questions:

Can Screen Share be configured to auto accept invitations from some, or all, users who request access?

Is there another application built into OS that allows for screen control by remote login?

Does whatever app that is allow for rebooting and still having remote access be possible after reboot?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 6:46 PM

That's explained here: Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers. When connecting to the remote Mac, I choose "Connect As" > Using an Apple ID, but "Registered User" ought to work just the same.

Caveat: I only use Apple AirPort routers. Non-Apple equipment may require updated firmware, ports opened, firewalls configured, etc for them to work, so you'll have to consult their documentation.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2019 6:46 PM in response to AZsport115

That's explained here: Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers. When connecting to the remote Mac, I choose "Connect As" > Using an Apple ID, but "Registered User" ought to work just the same.

Caveat: I only use Apple AirPort routers. Non-Apple equipment may require updated firmware, ports opened, firewalls configured, etc for them to work, so you'll have to consult their documentation.

Jun 7, 2019 6:38 PM in response to AZsport115

Read Share your Mac screen, files, and services with other users ....

It's not necessary to have anyone at the remote Mac. It does need the proper Sharing Preferences selected and it has to be connected to power. It can be in sleep mode, but it can't be completely shut down.

Does whatever app that is allow for rebooting and still having remote access be possible after reboot?

It depends... if you enabled FileVault, it needs the presence of a local user to unlock the disk by signing in. If no one is there then the Mac will shut down and you're out of luck until a local user turns it on again.

How do I control my office MAC from my home?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.