Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking the Reset All Settings option

I'm looking for a way to block the Reset All Settings option on my phone. (For context, I'm an addict who needs to not have unrestricted internet access; I have a setup which keeps me safe but can be bypassed by resetting the phone settings, and thus all the Screen Time restrictions.)

As far as I can tell, there's no way to disable that option by default, though I'd be happy to learn that I've missed something. I'm willing to bend over backwards to figure this out, and solutions which require a second person to work are acceptable, though not ideal. (My current setup involves having someone other than me knowing the pin for Screen Time.)

Can anyone think of a creative way to solve this problem?

I remember hearing someone mention some sort of family control plan where core device permissions are controlled by another person; is that real and could it help in my case?

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 5:38 PM

None of the settings in Settings/ScreenTime get reset if you Reset All Settings, assuming that there is a ScreenTime passcode.

4 replies

Blocking the Reset All Settings option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.