Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT 12.3.1 Verification Failure after Cellular update failure

Iphone randomnly cut out service, then got a message that there was a cellular update issue. Then tried to update my iphone 7, downloaded the update, and got an error saying something along the lines of "12.3.1 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the internet." I tried a different internet connection, uninstalled the update, reset network, restarted my phone, and and everything else I could do. I have no way to text or call anyone which is very dangerous as I am on vacation right now. I need help to fix this urgently. What can I do? How can I connect to apple chat support about this? Every time I try to connect through chat support, I am redirected to these same solutions that haven't helped!

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 1:09 AM

if you have access to another phone, call apple support at 1-800-MY-IPHONE

or look at

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208733 which is what you should do after you see the "cellular update failed" notification. the gist is that you need to connect your phone to a computer with itunes and update it.

4 replies

Jun 19, 2019 6:31 PM in response to Mickeym_

To deal with this known issue in which an iOS update from Apple makes cellular service on your phone inoperable , Apple requires you to send your phone off for repair... which can take up to six days... vs simply replacing the phone they broke. If you live close enough to an Apple Store to go in, they will provide a loner. I am very disappointed in the level of customer service being provided to address this issue. Apple needs to own this problem and make it as easy as possible for customers to get it resolved.

URGENT 12.3.1 Verification Failure after Cellular update failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.