Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12.5 update problem

Whenever I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 12.5 it always says " Unable to Verify Update. [Software] failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet. I tried resetting my network and so on, but it didn't work. I cannot receive calls and text messages since the network service is unavailable, too.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 6:23 PM

You should be able to upgrade to iOS 12.5 as this is the latest version you can upgrade to on your iPhone 6 as it is unable to upgrade to iOS 14 (or 13)

If you are having trouble updating, I'd recommend following the steps on the link below to update your phone via the other method, for example, if you are updating over iTunes try wireless, but if you are updating wireless try over iTunes.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 6:23 PM in response to ramarc14

You should be able to upgrade to iOS 12.5 as this is the latest version you can upgrade to on your iPhone 6 as it is unable to upgrade to iOS 14 (or 13)

If you are having trouble updating, I'd recommend following the steps on the link below to update your phone via the other method, for example, if you are updating over iTunes try wireless, but if you are updating wireless try over iTunes.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

Jan 8, 2021 6:34 PM in response to ramarc14

ramarc14 Said:

"iOS 12.5 update problem Whenever I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 12.5 it always says " Unable to Verify Update. [Software] failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet. I tried resetting my network and so on, but it didn't work. I cannot receive calls and text messages since the network service is unavailable, too."

-------

Disable Cellular Data:

Contact your cellular provider about not being able to receive calls and not be able able to receive SMS text messages. Cellular Data always overrules Wi-Fi. So, disable cellular data, and see if that makes all the difference when attempting an update.

iOS 12.5 update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.