Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to enter verification code on ipod touch 3rd gen

I had to restore my ipod touch 3rd generation back to factory reset. I am trying to connect to icloud and have not been able to because it does not prompt me to enter the verification code. I can receive a verification code from my trusted ipad and iphone, but the ipod does get the pop box that allows me to enter the code. After I enter my correct username and password on the ipod, I get a message that says, "Apple ID Verification Code Required - Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other device." I click the ok button. I choose allow on my trusted device. My trusted device gives me the code, but I don't get another pop up box to enter the verification code. It only shows the login screen for ipod again.

What can be done on my ipod so I get the box to enter the verification code?

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 7:12 PM

You have to add the code to the end of your password. Example - Login = myiPodisawesome. password = Letmein! Password with code = Letmein!868599

1 reply

Unable to enter verification code on ipod touch 3rd gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.