Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found someone's iPhone can't contact anyone

What should I do?

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 4:50 AM

If it still turns on you can turn it on and see if it gives you a LOST MODE message with contact information for the owner. If they used iCloud / Find My iPhone to put it in "lost mode" there will be such a message. If it only asks for a passcode number or password you should turn it over to the nearest police station.

Other than providing the ability of the owner to place it in lost mode or remote-erase it if the owner chooses to use it, Apple doesn't get involved and can't help you find the original owner. Hopefully, the original owner will contact the police themselves to get their iPhone back.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2019 4:50 AM in response to kaleb46

If it still turns on you can turn it on and see if it gives you a LOST MODE message with contact information for the owner. If they used iCloud / Find My iPhone to put it in "lost mode" there will be such a message. If it only asks for a passcode number or password you should turn it over to the nearest police station.

Other than providing the ability of the owner to place it in lost mode or remote-erase it if the owner chooses to use it, Apple doesn't get involved and can't help you find the original owner. Hopefully, the original owner will contact the police themselves to get their iPhone back.

I found someone's iPhone can't contact anyone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.