Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Willl apple contact me if my phone has been found?

Hi folks, My daughter lost her iphone in Ecuador (Galapagos). We marked it as lost but then put it to "erase" when connected.

That happened about 2 months ago, and for the last month, I have been getting messages from multiple US phone numbers telling me that they found my phone and that I should log into my Mac account and screen shot somethings. All these communications come from what they claim is an Apple support website with the following URL: ****

This looks like fraud to me. Can anyone tell me what usually happens when someone turns in a lost Iphone? Do I do anything else at this point? When I look at the "find my phone" app it says that "erase is pending"--meaning that it doesn't seem to be connected to the internet yet, though I am not sure.

MS

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 6:10 PM

Note that Apple does not even take reports of anyone’s lost or stolen devices, and has no mechanism for anyone to report such to them. They do not even know someone’s personal property is missing. They are not monitoring nor searching for anyone’s devices.

So Apple has no clue when someone’s device goes missing, for whatever reason.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 6:10 PM in response to NewUser_1000

Note that Apple does not even take reports of anyone’s lost or stolen devices, and has no mechanism for anyone to report such to them. They do not even know someone’s personal property is missing. They are not monitoring nor searching for anyone’s devices.

So Apple has no clue when someone’s device goes missing, for whatever reason.

Willl apple contact me if my phone has been found?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.