Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will playlists reappear if I resubscribe to Apple Music?

My subscription ended a few days ago. I thought the music that I had added to my personal playlists would still be visible but all of the songs are gone. If I resubscribe will the music come back?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 10:27 AM

Roger was reporting what other people have said on the forums. I've heard 30 days. However, rather than depend on the word of other users, I'd suggest you discuss the matter with Apple directly. There is a Contact Support link at the top right of every page of these forums.

5 replies

Jun 10, 2019 9:47 AM in response to zmiller0015

zmiller0015 wrote:

How is there not an option to back up the songs in case something like this happens??

It's a subscription service. You only have access to the content for as long as you continue to pay the monthly fee. If you re-subscribe within 30 days, you should still see your old content.

You can certainly let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jun 10, 2019 9:11 AM in response to zmiller0015

Obviously if the subscription expires you cannot access Apple Music nor play downloaded items: but a number of people have reported that downloads and playlists disappear as soon as the subscription is terminated and don't return when you resubscribe.

You say your subscription ended - did you actually terminate it? Normally subscriptions auto-renew until you cancel them (unless your payment method fails).

Jun 10, 2019 9:29 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I turned off auto renewal for this month. I knew I wouldn’t be able to play them but I wasn’t expecting everything to disappear the way it did. I had about 3,000 songs in playlists and now according to you I can’t get any of them back. Talk about frustrating. How is there not an option to back up the songs in case something like this happens??

Will playlists reappear if I resubscribe to Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.