Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotmail/Outlook suddenly not sending notifications on iOS 12.3.1

I have my Outlook account linked to the iOS 'Mail' app. It's worked flawlessly for years. However, I noticed today that I am not receiving any screen notifications when I get an email. The phone will *ding* to signify that I've received an email, however I will not receive any notifications and nothing shows up in the 'Notification Center'. This is the first time this has ever happened to me in my years of iPhone use.

Under notification settings for my Hotmail account, I have Alerts turned on for 'Lock Screen', 'Notification Center', and 'Banners'. I also have the Banner Style set to 'Persistent'. These have been my settings for years; nothing has changed. Yet my phone will not alert me to new emails, except for a *ding*.

I've tried restarting my phone to no avail. Could this be a temporary issue with Outlook or Apple? I do still receive the emails without delay, but no matter how I fiddle with the notification settings, I cannot get the phone to notify phone me on the screen. Any help would be great, as this issue came out of nowhere. Thanks!

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:16 AM

Tried the one thing I hadn't tried yet. I outright deleted the Outlook account from my iOS 'Mail' app. I then added Outlook back to the mail app, and notifications started up again. Odd..first time I've had to do that

1 reply

Hotmail/Outlook suddenly not sending notifications on iOS 12.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.