Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone storage is full

Hi everyone,

I have a 32GB iphone 7 running version 10.1.

Recently I'm constantly getting "iphone storage is full" messages. I deleted some apps and media files (photos and videos) multiple times. When i delete some items it shown that there is some memory free, but after a short time it's getting back to 0 kb. in the last week i deleted items of more than 1GB, but still wend back pretty quickly to 0, without adding any new large files/apps.

I tried also the "hard restart" to clear to cache, but it didn't help.

When i check the storage details, the total memory usage of all apps (including the photos & camera) is about 16GB, but it still shows at the top that 27.59 GB used and there is 0 KB available.

Does anyone experience such as issue?

Thanks,

Or

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:21 AM

1, Make sure you delete all media from recently deleted folder.

2, check iMessages for stored media,attachments.

3, Delete apps that accumulate large amounts of "other" category data. For example: messenger,snapchat etc. Reinstall them afterwards.

4 you might have a newer iOS version downloaded but not installed. It could take up a lot of storage.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2019 10:21 AM in response to or_apple

1, Make sure you delete all media from recently deleted folder.

2, check iMessages for stored media,attachments.

3, Delete apps that accumulate large amounts of "other" category data. For example: messenger,snapchat etc. Reinstall them afterwards.

4 you might have a newer iOS version downloaded but not installed. It could take up a lot of storage.

iphone storage is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.