Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone

My brand new iPhone was stolen before I’d even put a chip in or set it up. Is there a way to put a flag on the iphones serial number/IMEI that will make it so if anyone signs into apple or iTunes with the device it will recognize the product as stolen and notify Apple who can then retrieve the device? Thanks for any and all replies!

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:50 AM

Call law enforcement and your cellular carrier.

Apple does not get involved with criminal incidents.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472

3 replies

Jun 11, 2019 10:51 AM in response to tarek165

No, there is nothing that Apple can do if you haven't enabled Find my iPhone, however, you can notify your carrier and they can blacklist the IMEI, so the phone will be useless, at least in whatever country or region you are in. Unfortunately the IMEI blacklist is not international, so its likely that your phone has already been shipped to a part of the world where the blacklist isn't checked. Check your homeowner's insurance to see it the loss is covered.

If you can interest the police they can request that carriers report any sightings of the phone. But keep in mind that yours is just one of millions of stolen iPhones out there.

Jun 11, 2019 10:52 AM in response to tarek165

tarek165 wrote:

Is there a way to put a flag on the iphones serial number/IMEI that will make it so if anyone signs into apple or iTunes with the device it will recognize the product as stolen and notify Apple who can then retrieve the device?

Apple is not in the law enforcement business. They don't maintain a list of stolen devices and the most certainly don't (and aren't allowed) to seize phones from anyone.

You should report the phone to your carrier who can add the IMEI to a stolen phone list so that it can't be activated by anyone else.

Stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.