You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting OTICON ConnectClip to Imac Bluetooth

I am having trouble connecting my Oticon ConnectClip to my iMac Bluetooth, the iMac won't recognice my ConnectClip device.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 11:10 AM

Maybe I can help you. Apparently this thing should have a BTD 800 usb dongle. you would have to pair it with your imac, at at least pair it it with the dongle. press and hold the long button and the first of the round buttons together for at least 6 seconds until you see the blue light flashing. then plug the dongle into your usb socket. This applies to all bluetooth devices you want to pair with your iMac or any mac that has bluetooth built in. It won't recognize it right away. You have to pair it. Go into the Bluetooth menu at the top right part of your screen, it should be next to the wifi icon and 2 away from the speaker icon (for sound). click on it. go to "Open Bluetooth preferences", a list of bluetooth devices should be there. Now do the pairing thing on the Oticon ConnectClip, and it should show up. Under that menu, you also have to make your iMac Discoverable. and you may want to turn on "Show Bluetooth in Menu Bar" (makes it easy to get to) then say "yes" to "do you want to pair this with your iMac". and if prompted, type in a code. It may not give you one, or it may. and.....that's it. You should now be able to use your Oticon ConnectClip with your Mac. You may want to change the sound setting on your iMac to use Bluetooth audio.

good luck to you, rcrhome. If this hasn't worked, post here again, and we'll get back to you on that

thanks

john b

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2019 11:10 AM in response to rcrhome

Maybe I can help you. Apparently this thing should have a BTD 800 usb dongle. you would have to pair it with your imac, at at least pair it it with the dongle. press and hold the long button and the first of the round buttons together for at least 6 seconds until you see the blue light flashing. then plug the dongle into your usb socket. This applies to all bluetooth devices you want to pair with your iMac or any mac that has bluetooth built in. It won't recognize it right away. You have to pair it. Go into the Bluetooth menu at the top right part of your screen, it should be next to the wifi icon and 2 away from the speaker icon (for sound). click on it. go to "Open Bluetooth preferences", a list of bluetooth devices should be there. Now do the pairing thing on the Oticon ConnectClip, and it should show up. Under that menu, you also have to make your iMac Discoverable. and you may want to turn on "Show Bluetooth in Menu Bar" (makes it easy to get to) then say "yes" to "do you want to pair this with your iMac". and if prompted, type in a code. It may not give you one, or it may. and.....that's it. You should now be able to use your Oticon ConnectClip with your Mac. You may want to change the sound setting on your iMac to use Bluetooth audio.

good luck to you, rcrhome. If this hasn't worked, post here again, and we'll get back to you on that

thanks

john b

Connecting OTICON ConnectClip to Imac Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.