Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked calls still coming through?

I hit the block this caller button on my iphone and the texts are still able to come through from this person. HELP!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 1:06 PM

This discussion may help, it talks about checking what you are actually blocking and comparing that to where the texts are actually coming from, for example if you block the number and the text comes via an Apple ID it will not be “trapped”.

i still receive text from someone i block… - Apple Community

I’m not sure but if the sender uses several sources, ie different numbers, Apple ID etc., you could create a single Contact that contains all of them. Call it “Blocked Call” and then all you have to do is select that “Blocked Call” contact to block the caller, might be worth a try.

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2019 1:06 PM in response to isainato1

This discussion may help, it talks about checking what you are actually blocking and comparing that to where the texts are actually coming from, for example if you block the number and the text comes via an Apple ID it will not be “trapped”.

i still receive text from someone i block… - Apple Community

I’m not sure but if the sender uses several sources, ie different numbers, Apple ID etc., you could create a single Contact that contains all of them. Call it “Blocked Call” and then all you have to do is select that “Blocked Call” contact to block the caller, might be worth a try.

Hope this helps.

Blocked calls still coming through?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.