Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macintosh HD Showing Hard Disk Icon instead of Home Icon

I did a SSD and RAM upgrade for my Macbook (9,2) and did a clean install of Mojave. Now, on what is supposed to be my Home Folder (CMD + Shift + Up) On the left hand bar it has a Hard Disk icon instead of the default Home Icon. Is this a corrupt installation or is there a way to fix it? Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 2:35 PM

Just so we're on the same page you're saying that you don't get this when viewing the Users folder, correct?

Instead of this your're getting this , right?

Boot into Safe Mode and check the icons from there. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 2:35 PM in response to manualv

Just so we're on the same page you're saying that you don't get this when viewing the Users folder, correct?

Instead of this your're getting this , right?

Boot into Safe Mode and check the icons from there. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

Macintosh HD Showing Hard Disk Icon instead of Home Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.