Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Playlists don't match between iTunes and iPhone, different songs on each device.

Good morning everyone,

I'm having a problem with my smart playlists. Ever since I got Apple Music, I've been able to download a whole bunch of songs and albums. The problem is, on iPhone, some music can get lost and if I think of an artist I have to really search for it. However, if I don't remember I have an artist in my library, I never get around to listening to it. So i discovered smart playlists, and made one that has 100 random songs with 0 plays. Also, with live updating it gets rid of a song i've listened to, and adds more. On iTunes, it works great! The random feature makes sure I don't get entire albums in a row, to keep the playlist.... random, which I really enjoy. On iPhone, however, there is an entirely different set of songs all in alphabetical order. Both playlists follow the same rule, but I want the same songs in the same playlist on both machines. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks,

CAB

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 10:55 AM

See Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support to play a list in a random order.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Smart Playlists don't match between iTunes and iPhone, different songs on each device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.