Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart playlists not syncing across devices

Hi. I use icloud and Apple Music. I love making smart playlists on my mac, although I most often listen to music on my iphone 7. Using the cloud and apple music, I count on the ratings I give songs, those that I "add to my library," love, etc, to all be kept up with in the cloud--OH, and when and how many times I've listened to any certain song! Those latter things seem to be where the trouble lies: several of my "smart playlists" are not properly reflecting my activity--neither on my phone or my mac in some cases! For example, the playlist, "Recently listened" does not follow the rule I've laid out, "listened in the last week" accurately on either device (it seems a little worse on my phone, despite the phone being the device I use to listen the most!) OH, and one thing the phone tends to do with playlists which are incorrect, I've noticed, is to list songs by their artist, alphebetically, and then just stop at some point short of where I've indicated it should on my mac (like I won't even have a limit at all or my special rule/limit will be to choose 100 songs based on rating, etc, not just by alphabetical order--if that's even a thing!).

I really work hard (lol, in a manner of speaking) to curate my smart playlists, and I would love it if they could be more accurate. . . since the trouble is a little on my mac, too, I feel like maybe the cloud is just not keeping up with things as accurately as I'd like--that that's one of the problems. Anyway, any advice as to how to make sure it's all syncing with the cloud and/or make my phone's versions not be weirdly limited to some arbitrary amount of songs which it chooses alphabetically (I'm missing out on a lot of music made by bands starting with letters beyond "n"!!) would be appreciated!!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:39 PM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. List that contain ineligible cloud content won't be synced. Likewise you'll probably find that smart playlists that depend on other lists in their rules are ineligible.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

smart playlists not syncing across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.