Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Way to Use MacBook Pro Remotely

Curious if anyone has any insight on leaving a 2018 MacBook Pro on for extended periods of time so I can remote into it.

My work recently provided me with a tablet in which I was able to set up TeamViewer on my Mac and Tablet and have been able to access my MacBook as long as it is awake. Of course the only issue occurs when my MacBook falls asleep and I no longer have an active connection to the internet. If I change my MacBook settings to never fall asleep, could this damage my MacBook - i.e. harm the battery, display, etc?

Also, does anyone have an suggestions on "waking up" my MacBook from a remote location (not within the same local area network)?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 10:31 AM

If you have another Apple device such as an Airport base station or an AppleTV device, you can use it to act as a 'Wake-on-Network Access' device.

About Wake on Demand and Bonjour Sleep Proxy - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Best Way to Use MacBook Pro Remotely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.