Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stolen, today I received a scam text message and I fell for it. What should I do?

I got my phone stolen at edc this year and it took a while for my phone to get located, but once it was located (yesterday), it was found in China.

This morning I received a text from apple.za.id.imessage@icloud.com saying "dear apple customer, the system has detected that your lost iPhone is activated with a new SIM card inserted..." Then I got another text saying " Your iCloud 'photo stream' information is being restored into the iPhone of ___. As this is a remote synchronous operation, you are strongly recommended to timely access https://apple.com.gps-id.us/us and click the 'interception' at the upper right to invalid this operation if it is not done by you in person."

Me being the sleepy person I was, I signed into my apple ID on the link provided, then when I clicked 'sign in' nothing happened. I realized I totally just fell for a scam and changed my password to something completely different. What else should I do to make sure I'm okay??

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 10:34 AM

If you changed your password, you should be okay.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific PasswordsApple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Do you have the phone locked with Find My Phone?

Find My Phone - If your device is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 10:34 AM in response to rheilala

If you changed your password, you should be okay.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific PasswordsApple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Do you have the phone locked with Find My Phone?

Find My Phone - If your device is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

iPhone stolen, today I received a scam text message and I fell for it. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.