Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to activate Iphone after too many pin code attemps

Hi

My Iphone has been deactivated and it now says connect to Itunes. According to the recipe:

"After enough improper passcode attempts, you'll see a message telling you to connect the iPhone to iTunes. If you've used iTunes before to sync your phone, plug the phone into the computer and open iTunes. Right-click the iPhone and select "Back Up." When the back up I completes, choose the "Restore" option. If you've never synced with iTunes, turn the device off, plug the USB cable into the computer and open iTunes. While holding the iPhone's home button, connect the device to the USB cableand keep the home button pressed until the iPhone displays "Connect to iTunes." In iTunes, select "OK" and "Restore.""

I shall only plug the Iphone into the compter, then press backup. Problem is when I connect it, it asks for the Iphone to be opened to be activated, which I ofcourse can't to since its deactivated. So I never get to the backup part, and I cant understand why, as it is the computer I have synced with before. Even if I try to restore another Iphone, I get the option to restore it to the locked Iphones latest copy.

Any help or knowledge? Thanks for all help!

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 1:25 PM

You can't back it up once it's been disabled. It's too late for that.

You will have to restore it. See this article: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

1 reply

Trying to activate Iphone after too many pin code attemps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.