Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps deleting contacts

For some reason my iPhone has consistently deleted contacts. I have an incoming a phone call, I create a new contact, I save it, it stays there for a while and then disappears. It would seem to be negatively syncing - help ! its been driving me nuts for months if not years !

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Hey Abgp,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand after saving some Contacts on your iPhone, they eventually disappear. I definitely understand needing to get to the bottom of this and ensure that all your Contacts are saving as expected. I am happy to work toward a resolution with you.

To start, let's check Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud to see if Contacts is enabled there. If so, let's also check Settings > Contacts and make sure you have iCloud as the Default Account selected there.

Let's also follow the steps in the link below to refresh your Contacts and see if you're able to view your missing Contacts: Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2019 7:19 PM in response to Abgp

Hey Abgp,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand after saving some Contacts on your iPhone, they eventually disappear. I definitely understand needing to get to the bottom of this and ensure that all your Contacts are saving as expected. I am happy to work toward a resolution with you.

To start, let's check Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud to see if Contacts is enabled there. If so, let's also check Settings > Contacts and make sure you have iCloud as the Default Account selected there.

Let's also follow the steps in the link below to refresh your Contacts and see if you're able to view your missing Contacts: Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Thanks again, and have a great day!

iPhone keeps deleting contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.