Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use my iPhone X as the remote

I have my daugters appletv. She has lost the remote. can you help me hook that up to a tv and use my iphoneX as the remote

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 10:30 AM

Assuming this is the Apple TV $k in your tag line, plug the Apple TV to the TV using an HDMI cable, plug it in to power, and wait for it to turn on.

If it knows your wifi network, it should connect directly to it. Otherwise you may need to connect it to your router using an ethernet cable.

Once its connected and is correctly being seen on the TV; on your Phone bring up control center, and tap on the Apple TV remote icon. It should, after a few moments, list the Apple TV there.

Tap on it to connect the iPhone. It should let you control the Apple TV at that point.

More details here: Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2019 10:30 AM in response to Rodvet

Assuming this is the Apple TV $k in your tag line, plug the Apple TV to the TV using an HDMI cable, plug it in to power, and wait for it to turn on.

If it knows your wifi network, it should connect directly to it. Otherwise you may need to connect it to your router using an ethernet cable.

Once its connected and is correctly being seen on the TV; on your Phone bring up control center, and tap on the Apple TV remote icon. It should, after a few moments, list the Apple TV there.

Tap on it to connect the iPhone. It should let you control the Apple TV at that point.

More details here: Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

use my iPhone X as the remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.