Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my remote for my Apple TV 2, I have IPad, I phone that used to work for remotes till yesterday

I lost my remote for my Apple TV 2, I have IPad, I phone that used to work for remotes till yesterday. SOS, how can I use my IPad as a remote again it won’t let me

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 12:38 AM

The software remote from the App Store was discontinued and is now incompatible with iOS 15. Instead, users are now redirected to the software remote in Control Center. Unfortunately, the latter is not compatible with Apple TV (2nd generation).

The remaining solution is to buy an Apple Remote (aluminum). Any replacement remote will have to be linked to the Apple TV box.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 12:38 AM in response to SJMOG

The software remote from the App Store was discontinued and is now incompatible with iOS 15. Instead, users are now redirected to the software remote in Control Center. Unfortunately, the latter is not compatible with Apple TV (2nd generation).

The remaining solution is to buy an Apple Remote (aluminum). Any replacement remote will have to be linked to the Apple TV box.

I lost my remote for my Apple TV 2, I have IPad, I phone that used to work for remotes till yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.