Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Glitch in Mail

I installed Mojave. Now I can't send email. Help! I've tried ALL the resets, checking settings, every article I can find online. I need new info. Please don't send me a link to a previous article. I've read and tried them all! Help!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 1:55 PM

Well, this obviously is not an issue affecting most people. So when you say you’ve read and tried all the articles, that is impossible, as clearly one or more of those articles contains your solution.

What did you see, for example, from Connection Doctor?

Use Mail Connection Doctor - Apple Support

9 replies

Jun 15, 2019 11:11 AM in response to sberman

Honestly, I've followed the directions of so many different articles that I don't know all the things I've done. I'm not very computery and I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just following directions. I followed articles that had me go into files and take out mail items and delete whole folders and restart--which got rid of all my preferences, but the problem didn't resolve. I've check Extensions and plug-ins and preferences and settings.

When I installed Mojave all of a sudden Yahoo hijacked my Safari account, and then made my internet connection not work. So I've been following a bunch of 'how to's with that as well, so I'm getting confused because I am NOT a computer person. At the moment the Yahoo thing seems to be gone, but we'll see. I don't know if those two things are connected but EVERYTHING went haywire after I installed Mojave.

As for Connection Doctor, yes. I've run it a million times. Here is what it says on ALL of my email accounts: Can't connect to IMAP server; check connection (which I've done and Safari works as long as Yahoo isn't buggering it up);

check Account Preferences (they are the same so I don't screw with them); check that your server supports SSL and if not, deselect TLS/SSL checkbox in Server Settings tab of Account Preferences (I have no idea how to know if my server supports SSL but there is not TLS/SSL checkbox for me to check or uncheck so I can't try that--unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

Now, am I missing something in these details that could help me? Because in Mail>Preferences>Accounts>iCloud it will show my account as ONLINE. But I still can't send email. Then I go back and check it again and it says OFFLINE. I take all accounts offline and put them back online. I go to my Outbox and try to send an email. At the top of the screen it says "Connection Logging Enabled" and I wait and nothing happens. Until finally "Account Error" pops up on the top right of my mail and it directs me to Connection Doctor. And I'm back where I started.

Ack. I don't know what to do! Thank you for any direction you can give me.

Jun 15, 2019 11:44 AM in response to tabitha_catt

Fun update: Yahoo is still jerking around with my internet. Albeit inconsistently.

Even better (read that with sarcasm): When I go into Mail>Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings the Outgoing Mail Account is listed as "NONE"--on ALL of my accounts. When I open it and choose another, go out of that page and then come back, it just says "NONE" again.

Mojave Glitch in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.