Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redeeming Apple Software

How the heck do we download software we've purchased, after receiving the licensing codes by email?! Apple was once THE user-friendly brand. Ugh...

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 5:06 PM

Ok so I called, and the support people were just as perplexed as I was. But we stumbled through and found the solution.

The email you receive containing a PDF file which shows your licensing code(s) tells you to go to the App Store and to go to the "Quick Links"... Which DO NOT EXIST IN THE STUPID APP, hence the reason for my calling the support.

Turns out that to redeem your SOFTWARE, you must click on "Redeem GIFT CARD"... Very unimpressed, Apple people. smmfh

Anyway, folks, go to the App Store; click on your name at the bottom left of the window; click on "Redeem Gift Card" at the top right; in the field where one is to write in a gift card's code, you paste the "Redemption Code(s)" found next to your product(s) in the secured PDF to your licensing agreement, and voilà !

Now somebody please tell Apple to update it's silly download process and the useless instructions expressed in the licensing e-mail. Geez Louise... 🤦🏽‍♂️🙄

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2019 5:06 PM in response to MononcStef

Ok so I called, and the support people were just as perplexed as I was. But we stumbled through and found the solution.

The email you receive containing a PDF file which shows your licensing code(s) tells you to go to the App Store and to go to the "Quick Links"... Which DO NOT EXIST IN THE STUPID APP, hence the reason for my calling the support.

Turns out that to redeem your SOFTWARE, you must click on "Redeem GIFT CARD"... Very unimpressed, Apple people. smmfh

Anyway, folks, go to the App Store; click on your name at the bottom left of the window; click on "Redeem Gift Card" at the top right; in the field where one is to write in a gift card's code, you paste the "Redemption Code(s)" found next to your product(s) in the secured PDF to your licensing agreement, and voilà !

Now somebody please tell Apple to update it's silly download process and the useless instructions expressed in the licensing e-mail. Geez Louise... 🤦🏽‍♂️🙄

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Redeeming Apple Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.