Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant delete podcast episodes

I downloaded an update to iTunes on my PC (12.9.5) and now i can't delete podcast episodes or when I do they return when the podcast feed updates, it starts downloading every episode in the feed. On certain podcasts, I get the cloud icon, after I tried to delete it. Then I try to delete the episodes with the cloud icon and they wont go anywhere. I'm not using the feed view, I'm in Unplayed Episodes/My Episodes and Saved view. Also none of the podcast in question are marked as saved.

I had no issues until this update was installed. Now i'm stuck with podcast episodes I want to get rid of and podcasts that will starting downloading every program on their feed every time it updates or I subscribe to a new one.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 5:38 AM

If you're seeing a cloud icon for podcasts then you're viewing the feed rather than anything stored locally in your library.

In recent builds of iTunes deleting a podcast episode from the context menu deletes the entire series. Select an episode and use the backspace/delete key on the keyboard instead. Backup your library so you can always recover should you delete too much in error.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 5:38 AM in response to jtblack2

If you're seeing a cloud icon for podcasts then you're viewing the feed rather than anything stored locally in your library.

In recent builds of iTunes deleting a podcast episode from the context menu deletes the entire series. Select an episode and use the backspace/delete key on the keyboard instead. Backup your library so you can always recover should you delete too much in error.

tt2

cant delete podcast episodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.