Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Podcast Episodes being deleted from feed

I have a podcast. Ealier episodes are disappearing from the feed. New eposides continue to be published. Please help - how do I bring back the older episodes? booksfromearth podcast

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 11:35 PM

The most probably explanation is that the method you are using to create your feed is deleting or archiving episodes once a certain number is reached. For example, I believe it's 20 in Wordpress, and poster seogroup reported that this could be increased in Dashboard > Settings > Reading > Syndication Feeds Shows the most recent ____ Items.

There are likely to be similar settings in other services. Apple Podcasts itself allows 300 episodes (at least, iTunes used to and I assume it's the same now).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 11:35 PM in response to BooksFromEarth

The most probably explanation is that the method you are using to create your feed is deleting or archiving episodes once a certain number is reached. For example, I believe it's 20 in Wordpress, and poster seogroup reported that this could be increased in Dashboard > Settings > Reading > Syndication Feeds Shows the most recent ____ Items.

There are likely to be similar settings in other services. Apple Podcasts itself allows 300 episodes (at least, iTunes used to and I assume it's the same now).

Podcast Episodes being deleted from feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.