Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing photos - not deleted, not uploaded, just GONE.

hi. my phone has moved 12,000 photos into deleted items before. i have plenty of space both in paid icloud account and on my device.

this time i am travelling in south america when the photos were deleted. i selected “recover all” as per usual but with patchy and slow internet... the photos did not recover, and now they are also not in deleted items.

they’re just gone.

now even the photos i took yesterday disappeared overnight. not hidden, not in deleted items... just gone. i think they disappeared at the same time as the icloud backup.

is there any way to get my photos back? this is just... devastating. christmas, my neice, three holidays, my dog as a puppy... gone :(

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 8:40 PM

Have you tried plugging in the device and connecting to WiFi to see if the photos you took yesterday will upload to iCloud? As for the other missing photos, see if this might help — Get help with missing photos - Apple Support.

Similar questions

2 replies

missing photos - not deleted, not uploaded, just GONE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.