Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos missing

so I bought 50GB of storage for my phone because I had no room. After I bought it and everything update it looked like this was a win win! But, after a few days all my photos were just missing I had 5,000+ photos and they were one 2,000 i was so confused and went to @icloud.com to see NOTHING no trace of any of my lost photos. I am devastated and really want to recover them. I check my recently deleted and my iCloud deleted the files and everything. There was nothing, like they never were a thing. I had a lot of videos and sentimental things on there and really need some help finding them. Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:51 PM

Hello,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand you're missing some photos. We'd like to provide some guidance.

Please go through each step here to help locate the missing photos and videos: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

If you have a backup containing the missing photos, you can erase your iPhone and restore from that backup. Keep in mind this will restore your iPhone to that specific date. If that date is from some time ago, you won't be able to access the information between that time and now. 

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you're still unable to access your photos, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 1:51 PM in response to I_dont_know_what_i_am_doing

Hello,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand you're missing some photos. We'd like to provide some guidance.

Please go through each step here to help locate the missing photos and videos: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

If you have a backup containing the missing photos, you can erase your iPhone and restore from that backup. Keep in mind this will restore your iPhone to that specific date. If that date is from some time ago, you won't be able to access the information between that time and now. 

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you're still unable to access your photos, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Photos missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.