Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unignore a contact

Hi I recently accidentally hit ignore contact and idk how to take that off? Will they still be able to reach me?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 9:42 AM

Ignore a contact or blocked a contact?

Manage your blocked phone numbers and contacts

To see the phone numbers and contacts that you've blocked from Phone, FaceTime, or Messages:

Phone

Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.

FaceTime

Go to Settings > FaceTime > Blocked.

Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked.

From these screens, you can add or unblock contacts or unblock phone numbers. 

To add a contact from Phone, go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification > Block Contact. Then tap the contact that you want to block. To add a contact from Messages or FaceTime, go to Settings > Messages or Settings > FaceTime, scroll down and tap Blocked, tap Add New, then select the contact that you want to block. To unblock a contact or phone number, swipe left over the number, then tap Unblock.

Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2019 9:42 AM in response to jazmely

Ignore a contact or blocked a contact?

Manage your blocked phone numbers and contacts

To see the phone numbers and contacts that you've blocked from Phone, FaceTime, or Messages:

Phone

Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.

FaceTime

Go to Settings > FaceTime > Blocked.

Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked.

From these screens, you can add or unblock contacts or unblock phone numbers. 

To add a contact from Phone, go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification > Block Contact. Then tap the contact that you want to block. To add a contact from Messages or FaceTime, go to Settings > Messages or Settings > FaceTime, scroll down and tap Blocked, tap Add New, then select the contact that you want to block. To unblock a contact or phone number, swipe left over the number, then tap Unblock.

Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

How do I unignore a contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.