Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spanish keyboard

Can i buy a macbook on the usa with spanish keyboard?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 2:13 AM

yayuyita wrote:

Can i buy a macbook on the usa with spanish keyboard?

Just go to the US Apple online store and you will see all the keyboards you can have with any machine, as shown below. Apple stores do not ship outside their own country, however.

4 replies

Jun 17, 2019 2:22 AM in response to yayuyita

Absolutely, but consider this carefully. You can easily set up your Mac to input Spanish keyboard layout characters directly even on a US ANSI keyboard.

Spanish keyboards are ISO (European/International) and if you've learned to type on US keyboards, and are a fast typer, the difference between ANSI (US/Canada) layout and ISO layout can be really annoying and may or may not be outweighed by the benefit of natively-mapped Spanish characters.

Specifically: the ENTER key on ISO keyboards are much more narrow, as well as the left SHIFT key is much more narrow.

ANSI type - US English language.

ISO type - Spanish layout.

Unless you are specifically completely used to the ISO layout that Spanish-language keyboards use (i.e. are from Europe) I would suggest simply changing the input layout and remember the few differences from US-English layout that you would care about for Spanish.

Spanish keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.