Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which photoshop do I buy for my MacBook Air?

Which photoshop do I buy for my macbook air?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 6:45 AM

5 replies

Jun 19, 2019 2:11 AM in response to lda143

Have You Considered GIMP Yet?

Depending on your model, gimp may be just what you need.

Specifications: It is important to know that GIMP is freeware; it is open source; and it is high end. I use it all the time to modify my images. It’s amazing how much you can put into your work by use of GIMP.

If you need Adobe Photoshop, then stick with Adobe Photoshop.

GIMP is great to learn! Just some thoughts of what else to use as an alternative. I hope GIMP helps.

Moreover, whatever you install, be certain you create a Time Machine Backup, in case things go wrong, if an option.

Learn More Here:

[Edited by Moderator]

Jun 17, 2019 6:54 PM in response to lda143

Hello lda143,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with deciding the correct version of Photoshop for your MacBook Air.

This link has the minimum requirements for macOS: Photoshop system requirements - Adobe

There is also requirements for OpenGL 2.0. This article has the info for different MacBook Air computers by year: Mac computers that use OpenCL and OpenGL graphics - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Jun 18, 2019 3:45 AM in response to lda143

The only Photoshop that Adobe supports for macOS Mojave is Photoshop 2019, or Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019. The first is by subscription only, and the later by single purchase.

If you have no history with Photoshop, you might consider non-subscription alternatives in the Mac App Store such as Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Pixelmator, or Pixelmator Pro. All less than $50USD for a one-time purchase. Each of these applications have a free trial from the vendor website. There is also the free, macOS native GIMP.

Which photoshop do I buy for my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.