Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do iMovie chapter markers work wherever I am hosting the videos?

I am wondering if I put chapter markers using iMovie, and I will upload the video onto Vimeo or Youtube, does it work?

How about if I make a video using Final Cut Pro X...?

Thank you for your advice!!

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 6:03 AM

Hi mikirinne,

I see you have a question about uploading videos that include chapter markers. For reference, this resource covers some great information about chapter markers: Compressor: Add markers. Markers should work when you export and play a project or if you burn it to disk, but the results may vary when you upload videos since they're hosted by third-party companies and may have their own requirements for adding markers. Your best bet would be to double-check with the support documentation for the site you're uploading to. I hope I've answered your question!

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2019 6:03 AM in response to mikirinne

Hi mikirinne,

I see you have a question about uploading videos that include chapter markers. For reference, this resource covers some great information about chapter markers: Compressor: Add markers. Markers should work when you export and play a project or if you burn it to disk, but the results may vary when you upload videos since they're hosted by third-party companies and may have their own requirements for adding markers. Your best bet would be to double-check with the support documentation for the site you're uploading to. I hope I've answered your question!

Take care.

Do iMovie chapter markers work wherever I am hosting the videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.