Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Twitch Clip Edits for TikTok??

I have used online software to creat TikToks from my twitch clips but the watermark is annoying lol. I havs scoured the internet and have had no luck with knowing if there is a way to do it with iMovie. Anyone know if this is possible??

iMac Pro

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 3:00 PM

Ha! Pretty cool.

So, essentially you have a video in the background with an insert of you speaking and interacting in real time. Is that it?

I don't know what formatting requirements that TikTok has. However, you can do a Picture in Picture with iMovie. You would need a camera recording the background and a second camera simultaneously recording you interacting with the background. You end up with two videos. Put the background video into the main iMovie timeline and the video of you speaking in the upper timeline above it. Then you use the Picture in Picture feature to insert your speaking video into the background video, at whatever position and size that you want. When you are done, export the video out to your desktop for uploading into the TikTok website. Not sure that that's what you want, but I think that that's the best that can be done with iMovie.

-- Rich

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 3:00 PM in response to DanMartinez22

Ha! Pretty cool.

So, essentially you have a video in the background with an insert of you speaking and interacting in real time. Is that it?

I don't know what formatting requirements that TikTok has. However, you can do a Picture in Picture with iMovie. You would need a camera recording the background and a second camera simultaneously recording you interacting with the background. You end up with two videos. Put the background video into the main iMovie timeline and the video of you speaking in the upper timeline above it. Then you use the Picture in Picture feature to insert your speaking video into the background video, at whatever position and size that you want. When you are done, export the video out to your desktop for uploading into the TikTok website. Not sure that that's what you want, but I think that that's the best that can be done with iMovie.

-- Rich

Sep 14, 2021 1:45 PM in response to Rich839

sure! I'll send you a link to show you what I mean!

My Twitch Profile: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1148510038

Sep 14, 2021 3:12 PM in response to Rich839

Ahhh I see that might work. Let me ask you this: I am able to download the twitch clip that shows the gameplay and me on the bottom right. Am I able to record On Screen playback on my mac? That way I can screen record my footage and crop something for tiktok ratio, and then record a second time to record and crop the section that shows me in there? Am I making sense? lol?

Sep 14, 2021 10:58 PM in response to DanMartinez22

You can use the PhotoBooth app to record yourself speaking.

You can use Command-Shift-5 that will let you record the whole or selected portion of a movie that is playing on your screen. With screen recordings the sound isn't real great, so if you can record the sound separately, and then merge it with the video, that might give you better quality. You'd need to try it and see.

-- Rich

Creating Twitch Clip Edits for TikTok??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.