Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1.14 Media clip issues

Why is there no longer the option to have an ORANGE LINE at top of MEDIA CLIPS denoting that the clip is being used in the TIMELINE?...and a RED LINE for deleted clips

AND, how can I add a portion of a MEDIA CLIPS to TIMELINE by dragging the part of the clip I want to move to Timeline rather than having to move the entire clip to the TIMELINE?...as you see I trying to do in the below video.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 1:45 PM

In the project media browser screen, clips that are in use in the project display an orange line at the bottom of the clip.

If you select a clip in the media browser or project media browser, and do Mark/Favorite a green line will appear at the top of the clip.

If you select a clip in the media browser or project media browser, and do Mark/Rejected a red line will appear at the top of the clip.

However, no red line or other delineation will appear on a clip that has been deleted. To my knowledge, iMovie 10 has never had that feature.

To drag a portion of a clip into the timeline, hold down the r key and move your cursor over the clip in the media browser to create a yellow box around the range over which you moved your cursor. Then drag the outlined portion into the timeline.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 1:45 PM in response to jeffg59

In the project media browser screen, clips that are in use in the project display an orange line at the bottom of the clip.

If you select a clip in the media browser or project media browser, and do Mark/Favorite a green line will appear at the top of the clip.

If you select a clip in the media browser or project media browser, and do Mark/Rejected a red line will appear at the top of the clip.

However, no red line or other delineation will appear on a clip that has been deleted. To my knowledge, iMovie 10 has never had that feature.

To drag a portion of a clip into the timeline, hold down the r key and move your cursor over the clip in the media browser to create a yellow box around the range over which you moved your cursor. Then drag the outlined portion into the timeline.

-- Rich

iMovie 10.1.14 Media clip issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.