Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie is not putting the orange line on clips I have placed in the timeline. How do I get it to do this?

Where are the Orange Bars to indicate the clip has been used in the movie ?

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 3:00 PM

When you click on your project's name under the Project Media tab, the browser should display the project media with orange lines showing which clips have been placed in the project time line. I that is not happening then perhaps a corrupt preference is causing it. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the issue has been solved.

Also, sometimes issues occur that are confined to just one project. Try creating a new project and see if you get the orange lines.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 3:00 PM in response to Mumpa

When you click on your project's name under the Project Media tab, the browser should display the project media with orange lines showing which clips have been placed in the project time line. I that is not happening then perhaps a corrupt preference is causing it. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the issue has been solved.

Also, sometimes issues occur that are confined to just one project. Try creating a new project and see if you get the orange lines.

-- Rich

iMovie is not putting the orange line on clips I have placed in the timeline. How do I get it to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.