Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 files adding time when deleting album art

I have an odd issue that only occurs when you delete album art from an mp3 file in iTunes. The song will add between 5-25 seconds of the very end of that song. To correct the issue, you have to convert the song sometimes needing to open the options menu and correct the original time of the song. I can't find any info on this in the community, so I'm not sure if there is a workaround. I could convert each song manually, but I would like to not have to encounter this issue every time I change or update the artwork.

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 11:13 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 18, 2019 7:36 AM in response to mknauerii

Hi mknauerii,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I saw your post about iTunes, and I'm glad to see how I can help.

To double-check, when you delete album art, you find that time is added to the song, correct?

When you try playing the song, what happens when it reaches the end? Does it stop at the expected time still, or does it play silence during the added time?

What's the source of the files in question? Does it happen with all files, or does it seem to happen with select files?

As a starting point, I recommend making sure your macOS software and iTunes are both updated:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

How to update the software on your Mac

Update to the latest version of iTunes

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try testing this in a newly-created administrator account. This will tell you if the issue is system-wide or user-specific. You'll need to add a few music files to the new admin account to test them out and see if you can replicate the issue there. Here's How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

MP3 files adding time when deleting album art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.