Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t find music Album in Apple Music

does anybody know why can’t I find first Depeche Mode album (speak and spell) in Apple Music library? Is it has been deleted? And if it so, can someone explain, why?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 9:48 AM

Some music does get removed from the Apple Music catalogue and it’s not Apple doing it, it would be on the Artist or record label. It could be available in some regions. I tried finding it and got nothing,

6 replies

Jun 18, 2019 9:55 AM in response to максим156

Seems to be available for me: ‎Speak & Spell by Depeche Mode on Apple Music

But yes, as mentioned, artists or record labels (rights holders) are responsible for their content in the iTunes Store and Apple Music. Apple does not manage that.

And due to licensing and distribution deals, being available in one place does not mean they'll be available in the other.

Sometimes media is only available for purchase, but not for streaming, or vice-versa.

Jun 18, 2019 11:06 AM in response to Vancouver22

Vancouver22 wrote:

When I click on your link to the album it says not available in my store (Canada) but tells me it is in the US Store. It asked me to switch stores. Most likely because your link provided the US Store.

Of course it is never recommended to change stores to another region (unless you’re moving there) or this will result in a big mess and delete your Apple Music! I can see now how people accidentally switch stores.

Yup and Yup. Availability varies by region and changing stores can lead to a bunch of issues.

And yes my link is for the U.S Apple Music.

Here's a Depeche Mode album link for the Canadian Apple Music catalog:‎ Some Great Reward (Remastered Deluxe) by Depeche Mode on Apple Music Canada

Jun 18, 2019 10:55 AM in response to Phil0124

When I click on your link to the album it says not available in my store (Canada) but tells me it is in the US Store. It asked me to switch stores. Most likely because your link provided the US Store.

Of course it is never recommended to change stores to another region (unless you’re moving there) or this will result in a big mess and delete your Apple Music! I can see now how people accidentally switch stores.

Can’t find music Album in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.