Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music downloads lost

Since the recent IOS update the majority of my music download to the device from Apple Music has disappeared from the device and is back in iCloud. Is there an easy way to get the music downloaded back to the device or do I have to go through each track/album and download again? TIA

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 1:27 PM

Hello bmidds,

Thanks for the post! I'd be looking into re-downloading my offline content in a case like this as well. I understand that most of your downloaded music from the Apple Music service is not available on your device.

I did some testing and in a case like this, you would need to re-download each track or album as you described. If you'd like, you can send your suggestion to Apple with this link: Product Feedback

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 1:27 PM in response to bmidds

Hello bmidds,

Thanks for the post! I'd be looking into re-downloading my offline content in a case like this as well. I understand that most of your downloaded music from the Apple Music service is not available on your device.

I did some testing and in a case like this, you would need to re-download each track or album as you described. If you'd like, you can send your suggestion to Apple with this link: Product Feedback

Best wishes.

Apple Music downloads lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.