Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Taking my moms old phone

I broke my screen on my XR and I borrowed my moms old device , however no one knows her Apple ID to sign her out and unfortunately, it won’t let me do a whole lot though it’s my sim in the phone

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 3:11 AM

Does your screen look something like this? -

Your mom could try to retrieve her ID: If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Otherwise, and provided that your mom bought the phone new, she (not you) could take the device, the original purchase documents, and some ID to an actual Apple Store (make an appointment) and ask if they can unlock it.

If she bought the phone used, or if she can't find the purchase documents, there is nothing you can do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2019 3:11 AM in response to Mrs_Gold

Does your screen look something like this? -

Your mom could try to retrieve her ID: If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Otherwise, and provided that your mom bought the phone new, she (not you) could take the device, the original purchase documents, and some ID to an actual Apple Store (make an appointment) and ask if they can unlock it.

If she bought the phone used, or if she can't find the purchase documents, there is nothing you can do.

Taking my moms old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.