Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleID problem

Hi.

My mom bought a new iPhone a while ago and now she has an old one which I want start using. My question is, because her every app and AppleID is still in that phone, can I log out from the phones AppleID without logging out of every other device also? Basically, she's not home in a few days but she gave me an order to get her old phone in use. She has to sell my old phone next week. She doesn't really remember her AppleID password and also she needs her phone on the road so I don't want to cause trouble if her phone "stops" working. Anyone knows the answer?

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 5:31 AM

You can log out of the ID on the phone without logging out of every other device.

You will need her password to log out. Have her enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Once she has her password, have her do the steps in the article below on her old phone to make it 'your' phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device

Before selling your old phone, you should do the steps in the article above.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2019 5:31 AM in response to vilma292

You can log out of the ID on the phone without logging out of every other device.

You will need her password to log out. Have her enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Once she has her password, have her do the steps in the article below on her old phone to make it 'your' phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device

Before selling your old phone, you should do the steps in the article above.

AppleID problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.