Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to export my 5760X2880 (5K) project and FCPX 10.4.6 don't let me

I have edited a 360º VR video in 5K with a Mac Book Pro 2017 computer all is top of the line (16GB Ram) and I cant export the video I will attach the screen shots I copy from my timeline and the response of FCP

Can you guys help me to figure it out?, am I doing something wrong? I have expend several hours trying to figure it out, but everything I try to do is not working.

Thanks

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 7:57 PM

11 replies

Jun 20, 2019 6:33 PM in response to Fitopardo

Guys I know why is falling to do it in 5K, it looks that FCPX do not support yet the 5K versions of 360 degree, I am doing all right, I have the right equipment to do it and all is dropping after I try to do it, so the last try I saw something while making a new project and FCPX gave me this screen shot I am sharing:

If you see in the picture there is not option for custom size or even 5K: 5760 x 2880 size video, so I will probably have to stay in 4K for now at least in FCPX until they fix this issue, the problem is not for 16:9 that works with 8K perfectly, the problem is just for 360, I am guessing they think 360 is just for amateurs, but I do own a 5.7K camera and There is a model of 8K and a new model of 11K in 360, so yes they are behind the technology, I might have to wait, if you guys have an Idea how to push this limit I am all ears.

Jun 19, 2019 1:00 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

The video was recorded with an Insta360oneX that is 5.7K, I will be exporting it to YouTube (private as this is for a client) the drive I’m using is my Intern Hard disc from my Apple MacBook Pro 2017, this is a 2.9Ghz, i7 turbo boost with 16Gb Of 2133MHz LPDDR3.

The intern HD is 512GB PCIe-based onboard SSD

Is a fast computer, I used the intern HD instead of the ones I use for post for fear that those didn’t run with 5K, I don't think this is a HD issue.

Jun 19, 2019 1:39 AM in response to Fitopardo

What is the duration of the project?

Can you export a master file to your computer?

If the master file export succeeds, you at least have an immediate workaround, using the youtube site to upload your video.

If the master file export also fails, then there may be a problem with your project. In that case, I'd try setting In and Out points to export sections of the project, to try and zero in on the problem.

Jun 19, 2019 6:13 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I did every time I try to export it at 5760 x 2880 it crashes, is impossible, this is why I haven't deleted the edited material I want to know if is, probably FCPX that don’t supports 5K and I have to switch it for Premiere (that I don't like because the rental expense vs. FCPX that I own)

it does export at 4K and when exported to 4K there is no problem but that is a downsize of my master project and I don't want it in 4K

I did the in and out solution you mention, and it doesn’t help at all.

I am almost sure by now FCPX doesn’t support 5K at least in my computer setting, that is super weird, as I have ben able to edit 6K in Adobe Premiere.

Jun 19, 2019 6:53 AM in response to Fitopardo

Of course FCP X supports 5K (and 8K, too, and even larger formats), but not all codecs support all frame sizes.

Did you try exporting a master file in ProRes?

On another note: I understand your wish to output at the highest frame size, but be forewarned that it does not mean your viewers will be able to enjoy it in the highest quality. Not many people have 5K displays, and network speed may also dictate that YouTube will serve a (much) lower sized version. FWIW, I cannot even see your 4K in full size, either on my iPhone or my rMBP, as none of my devices has a 4K display.

Jun 19, 2019 12:35 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I cant even in ProRes I tied all The normal ProRes, the ProResLT and The ProResHQ (that I use regularly, with smaller projects)

Of course I know that some people cant watch it in My iPhone in Mexico City I can see flawlessly the 360 YouTube 4K version of it runs fast, but I do have a 100Mps Internet connection, my propose is not amateur is pro, I want to end in 5K to Have a master for me and my client, if people in the future can see it in 5K, perfect but if not is OK, it just something that should be easy to finish to.

Obviously if you are shooting above 5K you want to stay in 5K.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.